RIDE AND RAFT COMBO - Redwoods Half Day and Kaituna Rafting
After an action packed day? What better way than to split it between ripping up trails on a full suspension Ebike then bombing down grade 5 rapids in a raft? This is the ultimate adrenaline junkies dream all for a great price!
We work with the professional raft guides at River Rats to bring you a day you'll remember! Availability will determine what activity you do first so make sure you have clothes to get wet in and a change to ride in!
Activities begin in central Rotorua at 9am and you'll be back with a gap mid day to have lunch before being taken to the next activity with a return time around 3pm.
Mohawk Redwoods Half Day Ebike Tour
Probably the best mountain bike park this side of the equator. If you have biked in this park before - imagine the possibilities with a full suspension electric bike that effortlessly pulls you up those big hills, then bombs right down them. This park is for riders of all levels.
We run this as a relaxed semi-guided experience with both half and full day options, where we have a couple of guides to show you some tracks and then leave you to enjoy the park. We will always have guides in a central location to assist where needed and show you some local favourites.
River Rats Kaituna Waterfall Experience
The River Rats Kaituna Waterfall Experience will see you paddling through the pristine heart of the best rafting region in New Zealand – Okere, Rotorua. This spectacular 2.0 - 2.5 hour experience provides all the gear you need, initial training and around 50mins on the water. Enjoy a thrilling mix of dropping down three waterfalls, pushing through 14 rushing rapids and paddling through calm waters of recovery where you can look back in awe at what you have achieved.
The Kaituna Waterfall Experience is suitable for many ages and stages from nature lovers to adventurous first timers (13 years and over) and total thrill seekers. Soak up the calm peacefulness of the lush native bush surrounding the Kaituna River and realise what 100% Pure New Zealand really means. You will appreciate the warmer waters of the North Island as the water splashes over the raft while you take on the rapids with your expert guide.
The area is steeped in Māori history and you will learn about the history and caves where the women and children were hidden and then later used as the burial ground for Chief Tutea – hence the naming of the mighty waterfall the Tutea Falls.
THE WORLD'S HIGHEST COMMERCIALLY RAFTED WATERFALL
The Tutea Falls on Kaituna (Okere) River, Rotorua is the world’s highest commercially rafted waterfall at an almighty 7 meters. There is plenty of time to build up anticipation and practice your newly acquired skills in the rapids and two smaller waterfalls before the big drop. Safety is paramount and our expert guides have been riding these rapids without incident for many years and they still love every minute of this thrilling experience!
- You must be able to comfortably ride a bike
- You must be 15 years old with a parental guardian, or be a minimum 18 years of age
- You must be 160cm or above – this reflects frame sizing on our Ebikes
- You must wear closed toe active shoes and comfortable clothing
What we will provide (Mohawk Ebike Tours):
- Water Bottle (800ml)
- Fleece sweatshirt
- Electric Bicycle
- Muesli bars
- Backpack to store belongings in whilst riding
- You may bring your own lunch with you in addition to the muesli bars supplied - or utilise the service drive between 12:30 - 1:30pm
- You may bring a light rain jacket with you in addition to the fleece we provide
River Rats Provide:
- Suitable for all active people 13 years and over.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Around 15 – 20 minutes of training is provided prior to the trip teaching all the required paddle commands and safety information.
- Professional photographs are taken of each River Rats rafting trip and the Kaituna Grade 5.
- Recommended minimum weight limit 40kg, Recommended maximum weight limit 125kg.
- Complimentary pick up is available from central Rotorua accommodation approximately half an hour before the trip.
- 45 to 50 minutes on the water, allow around 2 to 2 1/2 hours from the start time at base or around 3 hours including Rotorua transfer
For booking conditions and our cancellation policy please click here
Please select a date