Auckland Private Tour - Karangahake Gorge - Beginner
The Karangahake Gorge snakes through the foot of the Coromandel peninsular beside the Ohinemuri River. Aside from its natural beauty, the gorge is home to relics of the Victorian gold mining days. Full of history, and a bonus ride through a 1km tunnel (we provide lights of course!) you won't be disappointed with this ride.
This 22km trail can be cut down to 14km if you would prefer to opt to catch the train at Waikino.
At this halfway point, we will stop at the Waikino Cafe for lunch, located inside the railway station for some hearty food to keep us going.
This trail is suitable for riders with beginner mountain biking skills. It can take between 2 – 4 hours in duration to complete the trail.
Pricing includes two riders however additional riders may be added through this booking page. This is a private experience to ensure that you get the most out of your day.
- You must be able to comfortably ride a bike
- You must be 15 years old with a parental guardian, or be a minimum 18 years of age
- You must be 160cm or above – this reflects frame sizing on our Ebikes
- You must wear closed toe active shoes and comfortable clothing
What we will provide:
- Water Bottle (800ml)
- Fleece sweatshirt
- Electric Bicycle
- Muesli bars
- Backpack to store belongings in whilst riding
- You may bring your own lunch with you in addition to the muesli bars supplied
- You may bring a light rain jacket with you in addition to the fleece we provide
7:00am – We will pick you up from your hotel or residence in Auckland
7:30am – Depart for Paeroa
9:00am – 1:00pm – RIDE!
1:30pm – Depart Waihi and return to Auckland
3:00pm approx. Arrival back in Auckland where we will drop you back to your hotel or residence
Please select a date